Thursday, November 6, 2008

*~The Rainbow Bridge~*

Hay everybunny,

I know it's been a while, but my little-big brother Rox crossed the Rainbow Bridge last month. Mom, Dad, and I miss him terribly, so much so that I decided to tone down the rabbitude for a bit and not bug them about going bunline. Sure he was a hamster and much smaller than me, but he was still my big brother and I listened to him and loved him very much. Though Rox and I did not know each other a very long time, Mom and Dad spent 3 wonderful years with him. (He was a gift from Mom to Dad shortly after they were married.) We will miss his antics - his midnight runs, the various escape attempts, and most of all his crazy cage climbing. Mom says try not to be sad and remember the good times, our lives are that much better having known him. I know Rox is happy having crossed the Rainbow Bridge, a place where he will be forever young and full of energy, his cheeks always filled with sunflower seeds and dried corn.

We love you, we miss you, until we meet again...



Top 5 things about Rox:

5. Cheek pouches. He kept all the goods in there, lucky guy! Particularly funny when his cheeks were so full his head appeared to be larger than his body and he waddled/swayed from the weight of it all!

4. Tenacity. Once his mind was set, he NEVER gave up - especially when trying to obtain his freedom ;-) or snag a bit of cheddar cheese.

3. Rabbitude. Though technically not a rabbit (but definitely an honorary one!), Rox had rabbitude in spades. Never a pushover, Rox marched to his own tune and even bossed me around!

2. Fearlessness. His acrobatics were AMAZING! I can jump high, run fast, and hide better than the rest, but I could never hang upside down from my cage like he did. He'd hang by his hindlegs and drop all the way down from the tippy-top (not sides) of his cage; boy, he was brave!

1. Disapproval! Perpetually cranky, Rox taught me how to improve my looks of disdain, distaste, and disgust - I will forever be in his debt.

*nose bumps*

Oreo, Mom, & Dad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're sorry to hear about Rox :( He sounds like quite the character! The Rainbow Bridge will be a much more exciting place, with Rox there.

Lagomorph Lackey said...

Thank you for the kind words. Dad's taking it especially hard; he and Rox were best friends. It never ceases to amaze me how that little guy had such a great impact on our lives!